Synthetic genes are double-stranded genetic materials synthesized in the laboratory based on a sequence obtained from genetic databases. They can also be synthesized based on a sequence that is randomly generated or purposefully designed or manipulated in silico. This synthesis capability is critical for studies that use DNA sequences that are difficult to generate via conventional methods such as molecular cloning.
Any DNA sequence that differs from what is available in nature can easily be obtained via synthetic biology. Additionally, sequences already in existence can also be synthesized rapidly.
Researchers in academia, as well as the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, demand certain (existing or de novo) DNA sequences to be physically synthesized in order to carry out their research.
These synthetic DNA sequences can be obtained within a short time frame thanks to gene synthesis technology. Furthermore, the cost of gene synthesis is, in general, significantly lower than the cost of cloning the same gene when the latter is an option (i.e. when the desired gene sequence is identical to that in nature).
Through our cloning services, we are able to clone any DNA sequence into any vector the user may demand. We are able to perform TA cloning, sticky-end cloning, and blunt-end cloning.
The customer can provide us the DNA to be cloned or we can obtain the DNA source commercially. Likewise, the vector can either be provided by the customer or can be obtained commercially.
|LITMUS 28i Vector||Cloning vector|
We know that codon optimization plays an important part in increasing protein expression. Thanks to our codon optimization software which was specifically developed to ensure identification of the optimal codons and thereby highest yield of protein expression, you not only increase your protein yield, but also save time and money. Furthermore, in a short time you can acquire significant results. Taking into consideration that different gene sequences express the same protein at different levels, by changing the codon sequence, we strengthen the likelihood of expression of your gene. We aim to offer you the best service with our codon optimization service. We are very confident in this topic with our experienced team. Whatever amount you require, you can contact us for your recombinant protein needs.
Vector Design and Construction
We are currently developing our own vectors. In this context, our vectors will be suitable for prokaryotic or eukaryotic organisms, optimized for different species, have an adjustable copy number, and be suitable for cloning, protein or RNA production.
- Inducible and constitutive overexpression and knockdown (shRNA) vector designs and construction for a wide range of genes in mammalian expression systems
- CRISPR/Cas9 system designs for knocking out the genes of interest and genome editing
- Expression and cloning vector design and construction for prokaryotic systems
- Stable expression strategies for gene expression and knockdown (shRNA) using lentiviral and retroviral systems
At Sentebiolab, we also produce gene blocks for your research needs. Gene blocks are produced similar to custom gene synthesis; however, there is no sequence confirmation made after production. Blocks are delivered to you as ready to clone PCR products.
By using our Gene block product you may screen for your gene variant of interest however you want. For example, you may be interested in increasing your protein expression or activity but you are unsure of which mutations are required in your DNA sequence to achieve this. With Sentebiolab gene blocks, there is no need for such prior knowledge and you may search for a candidate among the variants and reach your desired results much faster.
The length of the block or the GC content can be variable. However, we recommend gene block synthesis for blocks smaller than 1000bp.
Codon optimization is free for both gene block and gene synthesis services. Just tell us what host organism you would like to use for expression.
Orders for gene blocks are completed within 2 to 3 weeks on average. This duration may increase based on the complexity (GC content, repeat sequences, homopolymeric regions, length etc.) of the ordered sequence. Before ordering your genes or blocks, inform us about your sequence and we will give you an estimated delivery time for your order.
What are gene blocks used for?
- Gene blocks are used in many applications such as RT-PCR internal controls, variant libraries and Crispr-Cas9 genome editing.
- By combining more than one gene block using synthetic biology methods, large gene structures can be generated.
- Gene blocks can be used easily and confidently to create any 2 kb products.
- Furthermore, our gene blocks are compatible with many published cloning methods including Hi-Fi assembly, blunt-end and cohesive-end cloning protocols. The synthesized gene blocks are purified by agarose gel electrophoresis, are double-stranded and are unphosphorylated.
- To bring synthetic biology to all labs.